Kuala Lumpur in Twenty Four Hours
|Petaling Street during the day. |
Every evening, the street
transforms into a night market
of fake watches, fake designer bags
and real deals.
|KLIA-KL International Airport|
Masjid Negara and the Islamic Arts Museum
Thean Hou Temple
Sri Mahamariamman Temple
The Petronas Towers
Malaysia Quick Facts:
- National Religion: Islam but has large Chinese Buddhist, Hindu and Christian minorities
- Government: Constitutional monarchy with a system of revolving sultans serving as king
- Languages Spoken: Bahasa Malaysia, English, Chinese (Hokkien, Mandarin most common), Tamil--and lots of other minority languages
- Currency: Ringgit
- Exchange Rate: 1.00 USD = 3.10 RM (February 25, 2013)
- Geography: Composed of West Malaysia, or Peninsular Malaysia, and East Malaysia on the island of Borneo
- Borders: (West Malaysia) Singapore, Thailand, and (East Malaysia) Kalimantan, Indonesia. You can reach Sumatra, Indonesia by ferry from West Malaysia and the Philippines from East Malaysia.
- Weather: The rainy seasons are in March to April and September to November. Temperatures range between about 22 to 31 degrees. Daytime temperatures are high as is humidity year around.